Monday, March 19, 2012

A Quick Recap

I finally did it! I jumped on the "blogging bandwagon" in order for family and friends to keep up with our crazy life - more specifically Mitchell's life! So let's not waste any time...

On February 13, 2012, our family of 2 became a family of 3 when we welcomed Mitchell Douglas into this world. He was born at 12:31 pm and weighed a whopping 8 pounds,1 ounce and was 21.5 inches long. I know what you're thinking - "How did you and Chad have such a big baby?!" I can't explain his weight other than by saying it must run in the family (if you've met Lo and Trek, you know what I'm talking about!). As for the height, don't be fooled. Poor M was born with a severely cone shaped head and about an inch and a half of his height was because of that.

Mitchell aspirated during delivery and had to spend a few days in the NICU with an IV, feeding tube and oxygen. It was a terrifying experience and was not how I had pictured his first few days in this world. It's not something I like to talk about or even think about. He was so helpless, and I felt even more helpless. There was nothing any of us could do for him...except pray. And let me tell you, many prayers were going up for our little guy! I'd like to thank each of you for praying for Mitchell during his time in the NICU. We could all feel your prayers, and they were appreciated more than you'll ever know. On February 16, M was discharged from the hospital, and we headed home! It's been a bed of roses since then....okay, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it really has been wonderful welcoming this wonderful creation of God into our family!


No comments:

Post a Comment